Monday, August 15, 2016

Relaunching My Blog 1 September



CLICK HERE for attribution.
I will remake myself as a professional; first I must become an expert.

I invite you to follow me as I move towards a new goal: Overnight success. How long does overnight success take? According to an old adage, it takes ten years to succeed overnight. I must increase my digital footprint, but first, I must actually leave tracks.

Is writing a profession, a hobby, or nothing? Robert McKee proposed (in Story) that like musicians, an author must study his craft. With less than three months on my MA, I feel I am pursuing that goal. I also found ways to leverage experience, MOOCs and other resources to become an expert. Stephen King advises any writer planning to make a living as a writer to reconsider. Truly, millions write millions of books each year. How does one get noticed?

If you want to know, follow me to see. If I succeed, copy me. If I fail, learn from me.


Exciting items on the horizon:
- I recently started as an editing intern in a specialized writing program. Stay tuned for links to that.

- Want to see more writing from me? I am increasing the number of guest posts I make to blogs. Read my tongue-in-cheek, yet inspiring, article about leadership and mustaches. Come see my finalist essay on improving Army NCO writing skills.

- How about free fiction? Come by JukePop to read my ongoing work Triumph of Evil.

- Want to buy my books? Well, that's great. I want you to buy my books too. I recently set up my Amazon Author Page with a full list of all titles available for sale. I also have two works appearing soon. More Than Love, Less Than Life is a collection of short stories coming this September from KCL Publishing. Also, keep tuned for release of my third novel Hindsights.




So please come back on  September 1st to see the beginning of my new promotion strategy.

No comments: